70M_Sherakhan     64M_Van_Der_Wijck     15M_BlenT     70M_Komet     45M_Motoryacht     27M_Classic_MY   
64M_Van_Der_Wijck
Together with the 'Van Hasselt' and 'Bosman' the W. F. van der Wyck maintained a ferry service between the cities of Enkhuizen and Stavoren as a connection between the north- and south of the Netherlands across the former 'Zuiderzee', which is now known as 'IJsselmeer', after this inland sea was seperated from the Northsea by the 'Afsluitdijk' in 1932. The 'van der Wyck' was the 3rd ship built after the 'Van Hasselt' and 'Bosman' and differs from the first two by an adapted stern, which was ment to increase manoeuvrabillity in the narrow harbours. 

The Principal spotted the ship in Dordrecht (Holland) and asked KMC and KHMB to make a design for a conversion to make the ship suitable for large scale conferences, exhibitions and lectures.

After some successfull digging in the archive of the Rotterdam Maritime museum for conserved documentations we made a preiminary design with respect to the original aesthetics. We suggested an 8 metre high Atrium with a 'glass bridge' and a design elevator for a 'rich' entrance as well as an 'English pub' and a 'Wheelhouse bar'. Large, in size adaptable conference/exhibition-rooms, are situated under deck and on the first tier in the foreship. New main engines were planned to replace the old ones and furthermore the crew accommodation and provisions are located underdeck in the aft-ship. The comfortable and spacies galley is planned to be on the first tier aft of the midship. To visualise the different accommodations  a  3D interior lay-out was made of the midship part. .

Main Particulars

Overall length 64,00 m
Length between perpendiculars 61,60 m
Moulded breadth 9,55 m
Overall beam 9,90 m
Depth 3,70 m
Moulded draft 1,85 m
Draft 2,03 m
Displacement 647 ton
   
Nr. of daypassengers 450
Nr. of crew 25
   
Fuel capacity 17 m3
Fresh water capacity 30 m3
Holding 20 m3